Wednesday, April 23, 2008

benvenuto.

it's the new word around here. benvenuto. it's rarely used correctly, but i like spouting it out anyway. however calm or chaotic the situation, it never fails to please.

i wish i could take this post to tell you all about how the Lord has shown me His faithfulness and trustworthiness. but let's be honest, that post would be way too long. instead, i would like to keep my word and tell you about the door that has opened for me...

... i'm going to italia!

the past few weeks have been full of very high highs and low lows... definitely an emotional roller coaster. i was beginning to feel like instead of two doors- it was actually one revolving door. you know the kind. you spun round and round in it when you were little- pushing, pulling, but only going in circles. that's where i've been.

eventually, the spinning stopped and the celebrating began. the Lord provided a fabulous girl... abigail to join me in italy. we will be going to florence together to serve on a team with agape italia. i am over-the-top thankful for her. i cannot wait for that new season of life to start.

other than preparing for a year in italy, i've been focused on graduation. it's hard to believe four years at oklahoma state university have passed me by. i am truly in a season of thankfulness. thankful for my friends. my major. my great job at the photography studio. my summer project teams both in branson and thailand. my family. my roommate. the people that have invested in my life. so many things.

so i know this post isn't exactly witty or wildly entertaining. but this is where i'm at. a phase of life is ending. a bend in the road is upon me. i am nostalgic about all that is behind and expectant of what lies ahead.

beautiful.

No comments: